8th November To 22nd November 2022
WORLD RECORD BREAKING CHALLENGE AND AFTER MOUNTAIN PARTY
HIGHEST OCR AT GOREKSHEP UPTO THE TOP OF KALA PATTHAR (5,644M)
THE LARGEST LOCAL SUPPORT AND MEDICAL CREW
EVEREST CLEAN UP & CHARITY SUPPORT
QUALIFY TO ENTER & LIMITED TO 100 PLACES
£6,497pp For Team Place In The ALTITUDE OCR World Championships 2022
£5,930pp For Team Place In The World’s Highest OCR 2022
Phase One – Ascent
Day 18th November 2022 Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 29th November 2022 Orientation Day in Kathmandu including pre event brief and kit preparation
Day 310th November 2022 Fly Kathmandu to Lukla then trek to Phakding (2,610m)
Day 411th November 2022 Trek Phakding to Namche Bazar (3,440m)
Day 512th November 2022 Acclimatisation Day in Namche Bazar (3,440)
Day 613th November 2022 Trek Namche Bazar to Tengboche (2,360m)
Day 714th November 2022 Trek Tengboche to Pheriche (4,371m)
Day 815th November 2022 Acclimatisation Day in Pheriche (4,371m) with trek up to 5,050m
Day 916th November 2022 Trek Pheriche to Lobuche (4,940m)
Day 1017th November 2022 Trek Lobuche to Gorakshep (5,130m) then trek Gorekshep to Everest Base Camp (5,364m) before trekking back to Gorakshep (5,130m)
Phase Two – OBSTACLE COURSE
Day 11World Record Breaking Obstacle course starts at Gorakshep (5,130m) and finishes at the top of Kala Patthar (5,644m) and back down again to Gorakshep. The obstacles will consist of:
- Cargo net crawl
- Balance beam
- Low wall
- Sand bag carry
- Cargo net climb
- High wall
- Monkey bars
- Hanging traverse
- Mountain swing
- The Wall (5m in height with overhang)
All participants will be given a maximum of three attempts on each obstacle with a compulsory medical check in between each obstacle. For all ALTITUDE OCR World Championship participants, any obstacles not completed will incur a 10-minute time penalty which will be added to your overall speed descent time.
Phase Three – THE DESCENT
Day 1118th November 2022 After World record breaking obstacle course and successful ascent and descent of Kala Patthar, all ALTITUDE OCR World Championship participants get ready for the Marathon distance run from Gorakshep to Namche Bazar of 28.5 miles as an individual speed race. Overnight in Namche Bazar and recovery day the following day. All World’s Highest OCR participants will trek descend from Gorakshep (5,130m) to Pheriche (4,371m) with overnight stay.
Day 1219th November 2022 All World’s Highest OCR participants will trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazar and meet up with the ALTITUDE OCR World Championship participants.
Day 1320th November 2022 Trek from Namche Bazar (3,440m) to Lukla with overnight stay.
Day 1421st November 2022 Catch flight from Lukla to Kathmandu. Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. This evening there will be an after-event awards presentation and party.
Day 1522nd November 2022 Depart hotel for airport and flight back home.
ALTITUDE OCR World Championships Preliminary Information
- Mandatory multi-stage altitude acclimatisation to Everest Base Camp, elevation 5,364m.
- Descent back to Gorakshep, elevation 5,164m.
- 10 fundamental obstacle course elements starting at Gorakshep moving up to the top of Kala Patthar at 5,644m.
- Descend back to Gorakshep to reset & refuel at 5,164m.
- 1-day, speed descent from Gorakshep to Namche (46km, 28.5 miles.)
- Registration is open for individuals that meet strict qualification criteria.
- Finishers must complete Stage 1 : by reaching Everest Base Camp.
- Finishers must complete Stage 2 : The Obstacle Course as follows;
- Each competitor travels individually and unassisted.
- Course is between a pre-determined start line and pre-determined finish line.
- Complete at least 50% of the obstacles.
- Mandatory obstacle first attempt on each obstacle.
- Maximum 3 attempts on each obstacle.
- 5 minute penalty per obstacle for failing to complete the obstacle.
- 10 minute penalty per obstacle not attempted (physical / medical incapacity)
- Compulsory 3-minute medical check after each obstacle.
- If the medical director/staff confirm the participant is not medically fit to carry on, they will need to descend immediately due to safety event rules which are in the best interest of every participant.
- Finishers must complete Stage 3: The timed decent individually and unassisted traveling over the Start & Finish lines of each stage.
Qualifying criteria for ALTITUDE OCR World Championships
- Provide a letter from a licensed physician stating they are fit and healthy for the event.
- Have ascended
- 3,000m+ within 12 months of the event date or;
- 4,000m+ within 18 months of the event date or;
- 5,000m+ within 24 months of the event date or;
- 6,000m+ within 36 months of the event date or;
- other documented experience at altitude approved by the event medical director.
- Registered with their National Federation of World Obstacle, the Federation Internationale de Sport d ’Obstacles (FISO) National Federation Member.
- Have a documented strong base line of health and fitness. Competitors may be required to provide a doctor’s certificate stating they are in good health and adequate condition to make the ascent.
- Documented record of completion of an organised competition that demonstrates the individual’s determination, strong mind-set, and adherence to competition rules.
- Agree to the FISO Anti-doping rules. This may include random sampling, before, during or after the event.
- Agree to Altitude OCR World Championships Competition Rules and the FISO Competition Rules MSD (Master Source Document).
- Confirm adequate preparation for the challenge and satisfying entry criteria.
- Minimum age 16 years old on the start day of competition. (Exception to the rule can be obtained on a case by case assessment.)
What does Registration include?
- Official World Records attempt.
- Officially Sanctioned Event by World Obstacle
- Exclusive event t-shirt
- World Records Certificates
- Exclusive Event Medal for all finishers
- Awards ceremony and celebration dinner after event
- Special awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male and female with age categories
- All finishers become lifetime members of World’s Highest and automatically qualify for the ALTITUDE OCR World Championships throughout the seven continents.
- Boiled drinking water on trek and event.
- Emergency oxygen per group and first aid kit
- Specialist Mountain Doctors including comprehensive mountain medical kit and helicopter medical assistance
- All taxes and VAT applicable
- Within Nepal internal return flights from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Hotel half board before and after the event
- All National Park conservation, park entry and rescue fees as applicable.
- Trained, certified, and experienced English-speaking Mountain guides
- X1 luggage porter carrying luggage of 15kg per person
- Trained and experienced personal mountain cook and waiter
- All meals on the mountain and eating utensils, cutlery, bowls, cups etc
- Pre-event briefing and equipment check with the event producers and guides
- Airport Transfers
- Luggage storage while on the trek
- Twice daily health checks with doctors and guides
- Basic sleeping mattress per person
What does Registration exclude?
- International flights
- Personal travel insurance including medical insurance
- Tips for local crew: (Approximately $100 for each participant to contribute to whole group kitty which is presented at the end by a participant to the Chief Guide.)
Registration Price Per Person: £6,497
Limited Places Available For This Everest 2022 Event
Register Here To Secure Your Place On The Team
Step 1 Complete Booking Form and Submit
Step 2 Submit payment securely via PayPal below or request bank transfer details to secure your booking.
Step 3Once form and payment received booking confirmed..